Ever since KOSTAL was first founded in 1912 in Lüdenscheid, Germany, we have pursued innovation combined with uncompromising quality. Through this approach, we have come a long way in the last hundred years. Today we are one of the world's leading suppliers of complex electronic and mechatronic products for industrial and automotive applications. Our latest facility in Ohrid, Macedonia brings a total of 21 countries where we operate with more than 20,000 employees supplying all major car manufacturers on 5 continents. The Ohrid facility currently supplies BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Tesla and Rolls Royce.
Is it as important to you as it is to us that things continually progress – the technology around your personal skills, your career prospects, and your work life balance and job satisfaction? With us, you can make a difference in all these areas.
Are you looking for a challenge?
Our employees make KOSTAL an amazing place to learn, work, and create their and our future. We want every day to feel like an opportunity and to be surrounded by innovation, vibrant optimism, and creativity.
Most of all, we want to feel like we're doing what we're meant to be doing. It's in our nature. Working for KOSTAL means being surrounded by people who share your vision. It's where making a difference meets a pioneering spirit.
Following the successful start-up of the Macedonian Plant in Ohrid we are looking for a Senior Commodity Buyer – Indirect Materials to join our Purchasing team.
The ideal candidates will have relevant University Degree in Technical or Economical background
In addition, candidates should also ideally, have the following:
- 3 years’ experience working in automotive manufacturing environment in area of Purchasing and Supplier management.
- Knowledge of SAP system is an advantage
- Knowledge of the Import and export procedures in Macedonia is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, negotiation skills, problem solving abilities, trustful and organising skills are essential;
- Ability to understand concepts quickly
- Precise attention to numerate detail
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure
- Team player, Proactive, Well motivated
- Advanced MS Excel, Word, Access, E-Mail - Outlook skills
- Fluent in verbal and written Macedonian and English and knowledge of German Language will be considered as advantage
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, duties will include:
- Analysing and reviewing of Macedonian and International procurement markets for indirect materials such as: Machinery and equipment, Building and reconstruction of buildings, Spare parts, C-part Materials, IT Equipment, Services including visits to exhibitions and suppliers, internet research and magazines as well as handling tenders procedures (issuing RFQ on predefined purchasing requirement, received offers review),
- Analyse and evaluate supplier proposals, or quotations;
- Controlling spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Liaising with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Negotiate prices and delivery conditions for project with high values above 100 k EUR;
- Creating Purchase orders and follow-up the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; daily update of the system accordingly;
- Recognize and evaluate opportunities to secure reduced prices;
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied to ensure they that they comply with specifications and meet the quality standards;
- Communicate status of orders with internal customers;
- Maintain an awareness of quantities of stocks of materials and equipment to ensure that shortages are avoided;
- Report any significant supply problems to ensure that departments and functions are kept aware of any potential difficulties;
- Enter data into SAP ERP System to maintain up-to-date supplier and vendor information and to generate purchasing reports and statistics;
- Ensure continuous improvement of the metrics related to purchasing;
- Minimizing cycle time in the purchasing processes;
KOSTAL Macedonia offers a pleasant working environment in a fast growing company adhering to the highest international corporate and management practices. If personal growth, continuous learning and career advancement opportunities are some of the job attributes you are looking for, than KOSTAL is certainly a place to explore and work for.
If you are interested to join our team, please send your CV and cover letter in English with notice for the position “Senior Commodity Buyer – Indirect Materials” using the Fast Apply option.
KOSTAL Macedonia is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.Please note that only selected candidates will be called for an interview.
Closing date: January 20th, 2018