Facilities maintenance technician
Education: Secondary or Higher
Professional experience: More than 3 years in this sphere.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A Facilities maintenance technician is responsible for the maintenance, inspection and repair of the inside, outside and exterior areas around large buildings and complexes (including the roof), as well as the various systems within the facility, including ventilating and air conditioning, water and water treatment, heating and electrical systems, firefighting systems .
- Perform highly skilled and complex mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, shop drawings, work orders and schematics as well as reading and understanding code books, operating and procedures manuals, manufacturer's specifications, log books, inspection sheets and warranties.
- Writing clear, concise reports and service documents manually or on computer.
- Checking and inspecting fire safety equipment, as well as maintaining electrical, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, water treatment, etc.
- Inspecting exterior grounds.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of facilities equipment.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Maintain and instruct others on proper safety procedures.
Key skills & experience:
- Minimum 3 years within a maintenance department.
- Have significant trouble-shooting, fault finding diagnostics and resolution experience.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to work effectively and establish good working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to develop an excellent technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
If you are interested to join our team, please send your CV in English language using the Apply option
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.