Altaro Software is software company (Altaro Software - www.altaro.com) founded in 2009 in Malta and has grown rapidly over the years, having representative offices in US, UK and Germany, and most recently in Macedonia. We are offering global working experience and communication with more than 40,000 customers.
We are looking for a Software Developer to work on Altaro's backup technologies. The person in this role will be involved in learning about and improving Altaro's applications as well as creating new functionality and developing new projects for the company. This is a full-time post based in Skopje, Macedonia.
Our team in Skopje would be expected to travel to Malta for a week to attend training and team building with the Malta team. All flights, accommodation etc. will be paid by Altaro Software.
.NET Software Developer
The person filling this position will form part of our Development team and help to design and implement projects ranging from Web applications with Cloud hosted RESTful Services to Windows Desktop products. These exciting projects will be shipped to Altaro's large and fast growing user base.
This person will work closely with the management team as well as other team members from the support, QA and marketing departments, making this position a valuable career opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a company with multi-national and high profile customers like Altaro.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in C# and .NET
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience building complex data structures such as Linked Lists / Hash Tables
- Experience in Windows and Web software development
- Experience in developing desktop applications
- Experience in developing efficient code and algorithms
- Experience in developing multithreaded applications, including locking and thread safety
- Experience with relational databases
Skills and Experience Considered an Asset (Optional):
- Understanding of basic design patterns and Inversion of Control / Dependency Injection
- Experience in security constructs such as Digital Certificates, symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Experience using Linux
- Experience in communicating across processes using .NET WCF or Socket Development
- Experience developing or consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience developing in C++
- Experience developing code for cloud platforms
- Experience with NUnit testing
- Experience with virtualization especially Microsoft Hyper-V & VMware
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service platforms (eg. Amazon Web Services, Azure etc.)
- Experience having developed code for software systems or products that have shipped and have been deployed at customers successfully
- Experience with Redis and/or similar NoSQL datastores
- Experience with JIRA, Bitbucket and git
- Experience with MSI Windows Installer Deployment
- Experience with Office365 development
The perks that we offer if you join Altaro:
- Prestigious clients
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Training in the beautiful Malta
- Work with a talented, enthusiastic team
- Personal development programme
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Great international work environment
- Casual Fridays, corporate events
Want to work on an award winning backup solution that is helping over 40,000 customers worldwide? Please send your CV in English language on firstname.lastname@example.org or using the Fast Apply option.