ARC Automotive, Inc. is a global manufacturer that produces a full complement of automotive airbag inflators (driver, passenger, side and curtain). With of 70 years of design expertise in propellant and inflator technology, ARC Automotive is committed to providing customers innovative, high quality products and services.
Direct Material Planner f/m
Place of employment: Skopje, Macedonia
Under the general direction of the VP of Purchasing, assists in planning, coordinating, directing and controlling activities in line with corporate policies and procedures. Responsible for identifying and visiting potential suppliers in Europe, purchasing and negotiating materials, components and services with European suppliers for Direct Materials for all locations globally. Obtains quotations, prepares quote analysis and evaluates potential suppliers to determine if they are compatible with company objectives. Oversees purchasing logs and records to ensure accuracy and follow through. Monitors quality of goods by reviewing costs, schedules, timeliness of delivery and conformance to specifications. Supports in controlling annual purchasing budgets. Performs duties related to department administration, research, pricing, negotiation, documentation, purchases and supplier interfacing.
- College graduate plus three (3) years’ experience in purchasing materials and/ or components and logistics at a Buyer level or higher.
- Automotive industry experience preferred.
- Must possess a high degree of maturity and integrity in conducting purchasing activities in a team environment.
- CPM or APICS certification desirable.
- Must have excellent negotiating skills and oral / written communication skills.
- Must be able to function in both domestic and foreign markets and cultures.
- Must have excellent computer skills, and be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting in expenditures for materials, components and services.
- Purchases materials, components and services in line with cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Works as part of the Corporate Purchasing team to develop purchasing strategies for key commodities.
- Leads sourcing activities by completing and providing in depth quote analysis and risk analysis on potential suppliers, and presenting supplier recommendations to the team. Responsible for process sign-off of supplier selection.
- Generates CAR (budget approval form) and justification for production tooling. Issues tooling purchase orders. Tracks supplier’s progress for mass production preparation (timing plans) through to PPAP submission to meet project deadlines.
- Purchases and tracks prototype and PPAP materials and components.
- Prepares and issues Spot Purchase orders and Scheduled Purchase orders.
- Monitors status and leads negotiations on purchasing contracts and agreements.
- Monitors market conditions and identifies risks and opportunities.
- Conducts research for new suppliers, markets and new technologies.
- Initiates, leads and tracks cost reductions activities.
- Monitors annual forecasts and ensures supplier capacity is in place in time for emerging needs.
- Prepares reports and updates as and when required.
- Builds and maintains supplier relationships and ensures effective communication.
- Ensures compliance to company guidelines and Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Resolves invoice and receipt discrepancies.
- Acts as the interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes, new projects and activities.
- Help European plants in issues related to quality, on time delivery, NCR, SCB,..
- Increase European plants local team knowledge in Supply Chain Management
- Works on Special projects (EUR1 Certifications) for European plant.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Assertive, resilient, flexible and handles changes.
- Collaborative approach to working together.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
- Optimistic, open and honest in all dealings
Skills and Attributes
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet set targets.
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Commercial, legal and financial awareness with full understanding of how failure impacts production and customer.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and numeracy skills.
- Ability to read Engineering drawings.
ARC Automotive is an international company offering an open-minded and ambitious working atmosphere. You will be part of a team working on a large-scale project, bear responsibility and make a decisive input to a joint success.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The interested candidates are invited to send their application documents (a Cover Letter and a CV in English) with subject “Direct Material Planner” via the Fast Apply option until 10th of April 2020.