VPN Technical Support Specialist
Where: Skopje, Macedonia
When: Open immediately
Compensation: Highly competitive, based upon experience and performance
Apply: Send us your resume and why you think that you are a good fit via the Fast Apply with "VPN Technical Support Specialist" in the subject
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). The principal goal of the company is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom. Since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 25 million users.
Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more. Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries.
Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
What you will be doing:
- Communicate with users and provide technical solutions to their questions and issues
- Develop and maintain positive user relations
- Identify and gather information on user issues and communicate these issues promptly to the appropriate engineering teams
- Provide recommendations on product development based on user needs
- Continuously develop and optimize the content on the customer Support Center blog
What you need for this position:
- 1+ years of experience working in a technical support role
- Experience working with or a good understanding of VPNs (Virtual Private Networks)
- Ability to distill complex ideas and processes into simple, understandable steps
- Responsible, diligent, and proactive. You give meticulous attention to detail
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to cover various shifts. Weekend shifts will sometimes be required
- Basic understanding of programming is considered a plus
Why work at ProtonMail:
As a well-known and fast growing startup, ProtonMail can provide an excellent opportunity to expand your horizons and gain valuable experience. At ProtonMail, you will find:
- The opportunity to have a big impact in an international company and the opportunity for rapid promotion
- Your work will have a direct and visible impact on the development of the company
- Your work will directly impact millions of people worldwide
- Informal culture with emphasis on self-management
A friendly and casual office environment.
A dedicated office budget that can be used for gym memberships, buying snacks for the office, public parking or professional development.
Do something meaningful. We are challenging giants such as Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft and transforming the way private data is treated online. Our products are used on a daily basis to protect the lives of journalists, dissidents, and activists around the world. We are a company with a social impact.
You can also read more about us in the press: