About the position
What you will do?
As a WordPress developer, you will:
- Maintain our WordPress websites
- Customize/produce our WordPress themes
- Continuously improve these websites or rebuild them/some parts of them, always with web quality in mind (SEO, etc.)
- Maintain our static websites
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience with WordPress
- Strong WordPress skills: theming, best practices (maintainability, security, etc.), plugins management, etc.
- Experience in optimizing/improving web quality: on-site SEO optimization, UsereXperience, Web performance, etc.
- Team spirit
- Strong plus for prior experience in a multi-cultural distributed working environment
Bonus points for:
- Opquast certification or web quality knowledge
- Accessibility knowledge
- Localization experience, dealing with websites in several languages
- Experience or interest in learning React/Jamstack (beginner or more)
Why work at ProtonMail?
- A friendly and casual office environment
- A dedicated office budget that can be used for gym memberships, buying snacks for the office, public parking or professional development
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists and activists. Our work saves lives
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world
- You have high-skilled colleagues on a vast array of fields, so you can always learn something, every day
To learn more about ProtonMail, you can visit our website: https://protonmail.com