Job Title : Application Support Level 2
We’re looking for a Level Two Applications Support Analyst to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for providing technical hardware/software application support and rapid issue resolution to our client base.
This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution often requires that the individual give hands-on help remotely as well as documentation to assist clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively supports customers as well internal staff in all aspects through to problem resolution, keeping the customer informed and updated throughout life of incident.
- Prioritize and close client issues or escalate when required in a timely manner.
- Identify and provide input on unique or recurring customer issues
- Document issues and resolutions
- Write product knowledge base articles, service bulletins, white papers, procedures
- Maintain a centralized Knowledge Base and related reporting
- Coordinate testing as needed for support
- Work with the development team for issue resolution, test fixes to ensure that problems have been adequately resolved.
- Perform upgrades and post upgrade support for end users
- Available for remote support after hours in an on-call rotation
Candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Degree/Diploma in computer science or other relevant discipline
- 2-5 Year Experience in Technical Support Role
- Database knowledge (MS SQL and/or Oracle)
- Microsoft Windows Server Environment
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure (DMZ, WAN/LAN, ODBC, etc) is desired
- Working knowledge of various scripting tools and languages (MS SQL Client, TOAD) as well as with database design and tools (primarily MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Expertise in Networking Technologies and Concepts
- Microsoft and Networking Certifications a plus
- Previous experience with version control tools (SVN) is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows operating systems
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are essential
We appreciate the opportunity to review all resumes; however, due to volume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.