Job Title : Senior Microsoft SQL Server DBA
Senior SQL Server DBA (Microsoft)
We are looking for Senior Microsoft SQL Server DBA who can work with a team to build, maintain, troubleshoot Microsoft and Oracle environment for hosting software that supports major public and private transport companies in North America and Europe.
- Database experience with SQL Server and Oracle databases
- SQL scripting via tools such as TOAD
- Tuning queries for troubleshooting purposes
- Troubleshoot database issues such as deadlock and bad indexes
- Scripting using tools such as Power Shell
- Database maintenance plans and tasks
- Database connectivity (ODBC versus native)
- Install, configure, test and maintain database for various development, production and quality assurance environments.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5 – 10 Years of Professional Experience
- Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Certifications a plus
- Excellent English Written and Spoken Skills
General Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and multi-tasking skills while working effectively with others under pressure
- Flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and responsive person with a customer-oriented disposition
- Superior verbal presentation and written English communication skills with colleagues and management
- Quick learner with a passion for continuous learning and applying how technology trends can be of benefit