Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Apply: Email resume and why you are a good fit via the Fast Apply option with “Android Developer” in subject
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
What you will do:
You will contribute to the development effort for existing and future ProtonMail and ProtonVPN for Android devices. This includes interacting with our existing backend REST APIs, providing feedback based on mobile needs, and working with our web, backend, and server teams to build new features. You will also coordinate with our QA/Support team to analyze our Android apps and assist with debugging them.
- 4+ years of experience in software development (with a strong command of OOP, data structures and algorithms) of which at least 3 years of extensive Android development
- Fluent with Java and Kotlin
- Excellent knowledge of multithreading
- Knowledge of latest trends and libraries in Android ecosystem
- Working knowledge of RESTful web APIs
- Knowledge of Git or other source control
- Experience with automated testing
Bonus points for:
- Well-versed in IT security, with a good understanding of security best practices for mobile app development
- Created or worked on highly-rated apps in the Google Play Store with a large number of downloads
- Experience with Agile methodologies and processes
Why work at ProtonMail?
- A friendly and casual office environment
- A dedicated office budget that can be used for gym memberships, buying snacks for the office, public parking or professional development
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists and activists. Our work saves lives
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world
To learn more about ProtonMail, you can visit our website: https://protonmail.com