Senior Front-End Developer
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Apply: Email resume and why you are a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Front-End Developer” in subject
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
What you will do
- Build scalable, reliable, and secure web applications
- Build complex front-end logic to handle encryption and decryption, caching, synchronization, performance optimization
- Write software to improve web app reliability (unit tests, automated testing)
- Find elegant solutions to usability problems
- Initiate new web technologies that will make Proton better
- Work on ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive and ProtonMail products
- 3+ years experience of working with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Be product minded and committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of TypeScript and/or React.
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from an application development standpoint.
- Knowledge or experience in back-end software development and RESTful APIs.
- Ability to keep up in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Experience with complex front-end projects, such as migrating a mature app from AngularJS to React.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- A friendly and casual office environment
- A dedicated office budget that can be used for gym memberships, buying snacks for the office, public parking or professional development
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists and activists. Our work saves lives
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world
To learn more about ProtonMail, you can visit our website: https://protonmail.com