Remote Network Engineer
As a Network Automation Engineer in the Network Architecture team, you will play a major role in automating our infrastructure, development processes and tools.
North Macedonia - Kosovo - Albania
You’ll be part of a growing team that is building our next generation fiber Internet and backbone platform. The platform offers a robust API for provisioning and managing hardware in our fiber network and integrates with many other services and tools that power our business.
Ideally, you have experience with using modern network automation tools such as Ansible and Netbox on production networks. You develop, test, administer, deploy, and maintain our infrastructure. You are open to giving and receiving feedback, participating in peer reviews and design discussions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing and maintaining Ansible playbooks that automate our backbone.
- Deploying network infrastructure that serves thousands of households and businesses.
- Integrating existing (open source) systems to make them work together.
- Building tools that enable us to create the best customer service experience possible.
- Debugging issues with our network.
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a network engineer at an Autonomous Network.
- Good understanding of network concepts and protocols such as BGP, OSPF and MPLS.
- Experience with Juniper MX, EX and ACX platforms.
- Proficient at programming languages like Python or Go.
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools.
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- May be required to be part of an on-call rotation.
Nice to have:
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party systems.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Exposure to multiple programming languages.
- Knowledge of fiber networks is a plus.