Junior/Mid-level Manual QA Engineer
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Apply: Email resume and why you are a good fit via the Fast Apply with “Junior/Mid-level Manual QA Engineer” in subject.
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that improves digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace, and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, such as Proton Calendar, Proton Drive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
Currently, ProtonMail provides 4 clients to our users for day-to-day email operations: A browser-based web application, mobile apps for iOS and Android, and a desktop application “Bridge” to be used with 3rd party email clients. As a Manual QA Specialist, depending on your experience, you would have a chance to work with our web and/or mobile applications.
About the position:
We are looking for Junior and Mid-level Manual QA Specialists to join our Mail team. This consists of 23 people and includes a variety of specialists (Product Owners, Front and Back End Developers, Android and IOS Developers, Manual and Automation QA Specialists). Due to the increasing popularity of our product, plus a lot of improvement projects that we are working on, we are looking for bright and highly motivated problem solvers who are eager to join our large and geographically diverse team.
If you want to learn more about our Mail service be sure to visit our Blog: https://protonmail.com/blog/android-open-source
What You will do:
- Direct communication with both Development and Product definition teams
- Develop test cases and maintain a thorough understanding of product functionality
- Test applications to demonstrate that the relevant existing system functionality is as expected
- Write clear and accurate bug reports
- Review “User requirements” documents to ensure that requirements are testable
- Take part in the review of feature specifications and wireframes
- Experience with manual testing, writing test plans, and reviewing test cases (mobile and/or web)
- Fluent English language skills
- Ability to conduct comprehensive tests that catch issues before new products are released to users
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum framework
- Knowledge of bug tracking software (for example TestRail)
- Familiarity with the HTTP protocol
- Experience or knowledge of software development is an advantage
- For the Web client, knowledge of Postman is an advantage
- For the App client, knowledge of Charles Proxy and/or Fiddler is an advantage
Why work at ProtonMail?
- A friendly and casual office environment
- A dedicated office budget that can be used for gym memberships, buying snacks for the office, public parking or professional development
- We work on interesting, challenging problems. Each day you will face a new issue, and there is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world
To learn more about ProtonMail, you can visit our website: https://protonmail.com