Localization Community Specialist
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Apply: Email resume and why you are a good fit via the Fast Apply with “Procurement Specialist” in subject
At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei.
As a Localization Community Manager, you’ll lead our diverse team of volunteer localizers as they translate Proton apps, websites, and blogs into different languages, allowing more people to feel comfortable using Proton.
You will grow and engage with our international language communities, build knowledge hubs and resources for existing localizers, onboard new translators, and establish brand new language communities from scratch.
If you are a go-getter who is proactive, adapts quickly, and thrives in a fast-paced environment, this is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in a rapidly growing company and have a concrete impact on the future of the business as a whole.
What you will be doing:
- Foster close relationships with our localization community and ensure reliability of a growing language teams
- Create and provide context materials for localizers
- Respond to context inquiries with a fluent level of English
- Manage different formats of language files using internal localization tools
- Communicate project priorities to the localization community
- Organize community webinars and other projects to engage our localizers
- End-to-end management of multiple localization requests from internal teams at the same time
- Communicate regular status updates to internal stakeholders
- Proven experience building, engaging, and maintaining multilingual online communities
- Fluent written and verbal English skills
- Excellent communicator with strong problem-solving skills
- A highly collaborative team player, able to work with cross-functional teams and juggle multiple agile projects at once
- Proven experience with CAT tools, localization best practices, and different file formats
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in software localization
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with online community management
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, eager to learn and continuously improve
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive, you don’t require constant input and have strong attention to detail
- Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to be persistent and positive in the face of tough deadlines
- High level of self-motivation to constantly grow, improve, and set the bar higher for yourself and others around you
- Proficiency in two or more languages
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, always-on start-up environments
- Experience with Atlassian platforms (i.e., Jira and Confluence)
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.