NOVA International School
Seeks an MYP Service as Action Coordinator (full time)
Commencing August 2021 (Local salary scale)
At NOVA, we lead a fascinating discussion about how to prepare our students for a world that challenges the fundamental notions of education, wellbeing and success. We are looking for forward-thinkers with expertise in their profession, and equally those who possess the human skills to engage and inspire our students. In addition to your professional experiences and credentials, we would like to get to know your personal story, your motivations, and how you understand the role of learning communities. NOVA is strengthened by ideas and values, hence we seek members who internalize important values, who are team players ready to advocate for all students, maintain high expectations for growth, and who help create a stronger and more interconnected community.
The Middle Years Programme (MYP) Service as Action Coordinator will play a central role in supporting the work of students (grades 6-10) and their service-learning activities throughout the school year.
They will serve as the primary point of contact with grade-level advisory teachers and student supervisors in building connections with external non-governmental organizations and other relevant community actors, working on integrating service as part of the MYP curriculum.
The MYP Service as Action Coordinator is tasked with promoting the school’s service-learning program by identifying service-learning opportunities through community-based organizations. They coordinate the placement of students in these opportunities and establish initiatives which enhance diversity across different grade levels and subject areas. They work closely with a team across the school that promotes the IB Learner Profile values as they pertain to the Service as Action program, including the MYP Curriculum Coordinator, the Creativity, Activity, and Service DP Coordinator, the Athletics and Activities Director, and division Principal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in organizing, coordinating, and overseeing the activities and support of service learning and volunteer opportunities for students in grades 6-10
- Fosters and supports an internal partnership with Advisory teachers and subject area teachers and the MYP Curriculum Coordinator in their respective efforts to integrate service learning into curriculum
- Develops and maintains external partnerships with non-governmental organizations and other community-based organizations
- Recruits, advises, and offers administrative support to the student members of various student-led clubs
- Prepares service-learning materials for faculty, community partners, and social media in cooperation with the school’s Communications Coordinator
- Closely collaborates with the Service-Learning Coordinator for the DP programme in maintaining a successful Service-Learning Programme on a school level
- Monitors student progress and inputs student data into appropriate learning management systems (Managebac)
- Maintains and updates student files and records in compliance with the service-learning programme; working closely with the Student Support Services staff when reporting learning outcomes on report cards
Our Mission Statements as it relates to the personal attributes that are found in the IB Learner Profile:
Seek self and others (Inquirers, Reflective, Balanced)
In Heart and Mind (Caring, Principled, Knowledgeable, Thinkers)
Unafraid of the possibilities (Open minded, Risk Takers, Communicators)
Candidates we would consider a good match include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (recommended field of study: general humanities, language arts)
- At least two years of related work experience within, or in collaboration with the non-governmental sector in North Macedonia
- Demonstrated experience with volunteerism and/or service learning
- Demonstrated training in education/youth development (certification)
- Demonstrated skills and understanding of the Project Cycle Management
- Collaborative and flexible
- Embodies the IB Learner Profile Attributes
- Possesses enthusiasm and advocacy for student wellbeing
- Displays excellent social skills which enable community-wide collaboration
- Is highly organized, with a minimum of C1 level of English language proficiency
Your application should include a current resume, contact from 2 past supervisors who are willing to be your confidential referees, and a recent photo. In addition, you should include a cover letter of no more than one page, outlining your motivation for joining Nova. All the documents should be sent to email@example.com
as a single PDF document
no later than Friday, May 28th 2021
. The school reserves the right to appoint an applicant at any stage if a highly qualified person applies before the due date.