Regional Advisor - Data Protection (EUCM)
(half time (20h/w), project-based position, duration of contract: 12 months)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organization, we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief and we advocate for children’s rights. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
We make sure childcare, education, and health care are available to children and their families directly. We help families and communities to become strong so they can take care of their children better and organise childcare, education and health care. We help to improve the policies and practices of the state.
Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We are currently recruiting an experienced Regional Advisor for Data Protection to join our Branch Office in Skopje, Macedonia.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Alignment and compliance of EUCM GSC Offices with GDPR legislation and related SOS guidelines
- Alignment of Data Protection processes within GSC EUCM
- Professional advisory to SOS Member Associations in Data Protection measures to comply with GDPR
- Execution of global data protection initiatives organized by ICL and ICT in EUCM Region
- Accountability for implementation of legal requirements on the basis of ICL instructions
- Responsible to report cases of non-compliance professional and in a timely manner
- Responsible to prepare and provide documentation on the basis of ICL instructions including contracts with third party vendors
- Take an active role in the Global Data Protection Network and steering Regional Data Protection Network
- Responsibility for training staff in the region, keeping timelines in reporting processes and implementing actions on the basis of ICL instructions
- Responsibility to regularly exchange with MAs, resolving compliance related questions and to inform and to escalate to ICL where appropriate for further instruction
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Legal University degree with specialization in data protection or ICT university degree with specialisation in Data Protection or Data/Information management
- 2 years of professional experience related to data protection topics
- Project Management experience
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with constantly changing demands;
- Expert knowledge of written and spoken English language; Second spoken language in the region would be considered as an asset.
SOS Children’s Villages Macedonia is committed to equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV + Cover Letter) in English at the following e-mail address email@example.com
Application deadline: 19.09.2021. In the subject line of your e-mail please refer to the job title: Regional Advisor - Data Protection. All applications will be proceeded in strict confidential manner. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further interviews.