Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Apply: Email resume and why you are a good fit to email@example.com with “Procurement Specialist”
At Proton Technologies AG, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data.
Proton Technologies AG was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Our users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei. We're also considering future potential office locations such as London and Barcelona.
About the position:
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist, for our locations in Skopje, Geneva, Zurich, Vilnius. Your role will be to join the Proton Procurement team, responsible to serve the hardware, networking, and streaming infrastructure of the Proton infrastructure.
As Proton scales-up the procurement team is scaling up as well in order to serve the growing demands of the Proton Core and ProtonVPN infrastructure teams.
You would be part of the team that guarantees Proton’s users are going to be served with an optimal and cost-efficient infrastructure.
This includes monitoring potential flaws in servers that are already in use, following up with the infra team, and proactively focusing on establishing long term wellbeing of ProtonVPN infrastructure. Together with the Procurement team that is already in place, you will be able to define strategies and create compelling solutions in regards to the demands of the ProtonTeam.
What you will do:
- Taking part in scouting for potential providers to serve the different particular infrastructure needs.
- Taking part in Initial contact, screening, and establishment of a well-managed relationship with vendors/providers;
- Contributing to setting up and maintaining specifications, according to the analysis of the hardware requirements;
- Ensuring effective pricing and market analysis;
- Working closely with the projects team to understand details of procurement requirements;
- Taking part in end-to-end responsibility to follow up with future orders, and the communication with the Infrastructure team.
- IT-based background;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language (proficiency in another
- major language is an asset);
- Analyze quotes, and invoices, to ensure accuracy of orders;
- Interpersonal skills and collaboration with multiple teams, and multiple projects;
- Good negotiation skills, vital to negotiating vendor contracts;
- Strong organization and communication skills;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with the technology behind Proton products (e.g. encryption, email, and VPN protocols, etc.), online privacy, and information security;
- Experience working as a procurement specialist in the same area.
Why you should join Proton Technologies AG:
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Our products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world