Test Automation Engineer
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Apply: go to https://careers.protonmail.com/o/test-automation-engineer and apply online
At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data. ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users.
Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Our users include New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens. The world is adopting our products at an accelerating pace. Whether it’s in New York, or at the front lines of the global struggle for freedom and democracy in Hong Kong, Belarus, and Myanmar, the work we do saves lives and is transforming the world. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei, employing people around the world.
Proton is a mission driven company. We’re deeply committed to enabling freedom online and ensuring the internet serves the interests of all people. Our technologies provide trusted ways for people to be secure online and in control of their information at all times. The world is adopting our products at an accelerating pace. Help us bring it from tens of millions of users, to billions of users. We’re creating one of the world’s most impactful tech companies.
Purpose of the role
What you will do
- Be embedded in the Growth Engineering team, working closely with teammates in order to continuously improve the quality of our products.
- Implement, maintain, and enhance automated tests based on acceptance criteria, design specs, and test outcomes.
- Support manual testing efforts by creating, executing, and maintaining manual functional and non-functional tests.
- Ensure best testing practices are used in product development.
- Develop test strategies and detailed test plans in partnership with your Product Owner and Engineering Manager.
- Take part in the review of feature specifications and wireframes.
- Engage with the wider QA team in the company to bring back knowledge and best practices to the team.
- Be a champion in your team and area, acting as a subject matter expert for all matters relating to testing and quality.
- Professional experience with web test automation.
- Professional experience with manual testing.
- Experience with tooling such as Cypress, Jest, Mocha, Chai, Puppeteer, Nock, or similar.
- Experience with cross-browser, platform, and device testing.
- Be a team player who is also able to work independently.
- Be proactive in finding and preventing bugs.
- Be a highly motivated problem solver.
- Understand the software development life-cycle process.
- Knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Be eager to innovate, learn new things, and share ideas.
- Understanding of CI/CD processes and tools.
- Experience with any and all aspects of web application testing, including visual testing, accessibility, SEO, and performance.
- Experience with React.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- API testing tools such as Postman, Fiddler, Charles Proxy, or similar.
Why you should join Proton
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Proton products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address email@example.com or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.
Proton does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Proton will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Proton