Scandiweb is a Latvian company, which was kicked-off back in 2003 by two entrepreneurs sitting in a small room. They did everything by themselves – called customers, learned how to make designs, coded basic web pages, did support, trained, and implemented new ideas and projects.
I will tell you one thing that may make you remember Scandiweb, every time you do ... anything.
How is it possible?
Think about cars for example… Ford, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, BMW, Jaguar or Land Rover? We built their sites to sell their cars.
Wearing socks, maybe HappySocks? Well, we built their stores too!
Applying L'Oreal or Lancome makeup? That's our customer!
Running in PUMA shoes? Their eCommerce store was made by Scandiweb!
Buying tickets at airBaltic.com or visiting THE MET museum in New York? Made in Scandiweb. Enjoying … hmm… yeah, we made an official Durex site too!
What to expect as part of the ScandiPWA core team?
- You can check out GitHub to see how vivacious the project is - every two weeks there are new releases, issues are submitted by the community continuously, new features are being developed, documentation updated. Expect a LOT of things going on with you having responsibility for a particular set of them as there are things to do for any competence level - from simple ones to figuring out and creating things that don't even exist yet.
- We innovate - it means that there are no time-proven processes and practices. Instead, there are experiments, hackathons, and trials and errors. That's all very exciting but… at the same time very challenging!
- Our team is global, the majority is based in Latvia, Europe, but there are teammates in Brazil, Vietnam and Belarus! Online-first office, where everybody is onsite!
Goals and responsibilities?
- Become a part of the team and share responsibilities of working on ScandiPWA tools and code
- Follow the advice of senior teammates, learn from our mistakes and improve upon them ;)
- Follow the processes, we are developing a complex product with a rigorous testing flow, so it matters that not only something works, but that all related systems and documentation are updated
- Be prepared for the unknown ;) We do not yet know what will happen, but we warned you!
What do we expect from you?
- A lot of energy to cope with changing requirements and updates of the technology stack
- Sincere interest in the modern front-end tech stack based on React
- Ability to follow what we are doing and the ability to share your opinion, ideas and vision
And what are the benefits?
- Learn from the best and become the best!
- Be part of a multinational team delivering global solutions
- Enjoy our online first office, where everybody is connected no matter their location
- Get support to organize your home office or enrol in a coworking space
- Health insurance, competitive salary, bonuses and team events, a lot of fun!
How to Apply?
- Apply to the job ad and we will send you the link to the application form
- Fill out the necessary details and we will get back to you very soon with the next steps
- Wonder what those are? Usually a test assignment, phone call and a technical interview
NOTE! If you are starting the work remotely you will need to have your own hardware setup. After the probation period hardware upgrade can be agreed upon.