For the need of our client, APS is looking for an English/Spanish Dispatch Specialist. Here at APS, we believe that once you have the right skills and motivation to be successful you will be a great fit for the team.
The purpose of the position is to optimally coordinate the trucks and containers at the terminal in consultation with the operation and to provide feedback to the customer service department.
- Communicates daily with Customers, Contract Drivers, Steamship terminals.
- Personnel, and internal service representatives, coordinating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues.
- Coordinate and problem solve pick-ups and deliveries with Contract Drivers, partner carriers, rail operators, and port operators.
- Meets all customer levels of service and deadline requirements eliminating any service failures.
- Records and audits all documents for equipment tracking.
- Track, trace, and report container activity.
- Update relevant systems to track appointments and drays.
- Authorize equipment drops and monitor container idling.
- Communicate company policies and procedures to Contract Drivers, monitor performance against standards, and recommend corrective action to management.
- Develops and maintains a positive working rapport with customers, Terminal Operators, and Contract Drivers.
- Process and complete all documentation assigned in a timely manner.
- Track shipping and billing data appropriately and promptly.
- Spanish and English language is a mast
- Experience of working in a customer service environment with patience and the ability to remain calm and tactful.
- The ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Flexibility to work different shifts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 1+ years experience in dispatching, customer service.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and web-based software (CRM).
Our biggest assets are our employees and our organizational culture. We strive to create an environment where people will feel valued and rewarded.
We are an equal employer, and we welcome everyone matching the experience and skills to apply.
*NOTE: Only the most suitable candidates will be contacted.