Patient Journey Partner - Skopje (Maternity Cover - Fixed Term 9 months)
The Patient Journey Partner (PJP) Mission:
Health care is changing: Radical innovation, increased openness to change, increasing patient empowerment, multiple sources of medical information, and pressure on public spending. As a result of all this, the needs of our stakeholders continue to evolve.
The Patient Journey Partner (PJP) is at the center of the new Roche organization, turning upside down the role we play in society - from mostly offering world-class medicines towards much more partnering, innovating and leading generative disruption. By doing so the PJP will be directly accountable to deliver better outcomes for patients, their community, the ecosystem and the organisation, faster. The PJP is an empowered leader and the local face of Roche. They partner closely with all stakeholders directly touching the patient journey (in a given therapeutic or disease area), gaining a deep understanding of their needs in order to connect Roche’s capabilities to co-create meaningful solutions.
This role is locally embedded in the ecosystem, it is an integrated role, functionally agnostic, (i.e. it does not fit into the traditional concepts of Commercial/Sales or Medical Affairs) and it has no profitability, sales objectives or incentives
The PJP is a senior level role within the affiliate, who has decision making authority to request resources of Roche (both within the affiliate and broader network) in order to have improved impact on the patient journey
- The PJP focuses on the importance of bringing the outside in, working with partners to uncover all potential opportunities to transform outcomes for patients, faster. They also bring the inside out, to bring Roche expertise, science and knowledge to the ecosystem.
- Acts as trusted partner and is the primary (but non-exclusive) point of contact between stakeholders and Roche; the PJP shares the patient and stakeholder community needs internally, prioritizes and secures resources, and drives solutions that deliver outcomes faster.
- Partners with patient journey stakeholders to remove roadblocks and unlock possibilities to deliver value for patients and the community.
- Stewards Roche’s products through their lifecycle and supports their appropriate use, which includes sharing their merits with HCPs in a truthful and balanced manner.
- By overseeing the patient journey in its entirety, the PJP acts as a system thinker with the ability to identify shared purpose among stakeholders and leverages this to co-create solutions with stakeholders in the ecosystem.
- The role is empowered to pull in expertise and resources locally and from the network as needed, including in collaboration with other PJPs.
- Ensuring great experiences whenever stakeholders in the ecosystem engage with Roche employees, products and services.
Mindset & Behaviors/ VACC
The PJP demonstrates personal purpose around improving the patient journey, as well as strong passion to create value and impact on the ecosystem. They think from an Enterprise level, beyond boundaries and borders, in order to bring best possible outcomes to both the local health environment, and more broadly, across Roche globally.
- Visionary: defining and embedding the strategy around creating improved patient journeys
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding partnering capabilities (coaching, consulting, ability to deeply listen, question and understand)
- Growth mindset, able to learn and unlearn quickly, take risks and experiment, and contribute to the learning cycle by sharing knowledge with others inside and outside Roche
- Self managed and self directed - altruistic in supporting the global network
- Display of integrity in everything (i.e. open, honest, ethical and genuine)
- Enabler mindset leveraging the internal and external networks to create value, sharing back and scaling.
- Boldly acts on key decisions and opportunities and boldly stops any activity that is not adding value. Ability to say “No” to stakeholders when the value is not predictable/foreseen.
Experiences, Knowledge and Qualifications
Skills and Experience:
- System thinker and deep listener
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills including partnering with TAE's and organizations is required. Experience partnering with PAGs is highly desired.
- Experience leading Cross-functional team is required. Experience in both formulating cross-functional strategies and orchestrating cross-functional teams is highly desired.
- Strong business acumen with desired expertise in commercialization, medical and customer experience excellence
- Able to understand and leverage digital means and tools is desired
- Deep experience in agile ways of working is desired
- Deep understanding of patient journey(s) and related treatments in defined disease area(s), enabling engagement at the specialist level.
- Broad understanding of Roche’s present portfolio and future pipeline, such that they can work on future-based solutions
- Robust understanding of medical affairs strategies and tactics including clinical research
Other relevant capabilities:
- Fluent in the local language. Proficient in English to collaborate internally across the broader Roche enterprise is highly desired
- University degree (medical or pharmacy degree). An advanced degree in Life science and/or MBA is a plus.
- Practical understanding of digital innovation methodologies
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.