Skopje, Skopje, Macedonia
Position – SEO Innovations
Search engines like Google and Bing with ever-changing ranking algorithms don't publish a formula for what gets websites to rank highly in search results (if only!), and any marketer can tell you how important it is to show up on the first page.
On the Slice SEO team, we seek smart, self-driven individuals with analytical skills, a knack for identifying opportunity, and attention to detail to join our fast-growing team in Macedonia. This person will help scale our local SEO efforts and will assist the SEO team in improving organic search presence for Slice and its partner websites.
In this role, you will learn from some of the best SEO experts in the industry, be given autonomy to solve problems, and build a reputation for yourself in the industry by contributing to the success of a rapidly growing company. You can join one of our 3 offices, Skopje, Ohrid or Debar.
- Identify opportunities in local SEO channels (Bing Local; Apple Maps Connect; TripAdvisor; Facebook Local; Yahoo Local; Yelp, etc.) to create growth for Slice partners.
- Improve organic search rankings to drive site traffic by working with the SEO team to develop and maintain the local search strategy and roadmap.
- Manage local shop listings across channels by keeping them up-to-date and in alignment with search engine best practices.
- Participate in the day-to-day execution of SEO tactics across multiple search engines.
- Stay up to date on the changing SEO landscape on all search engines and make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform full SEO site audits and analysis (technical, analytics, content, social, etc.)
- Develop knowledge of Local SEO best practices and advocate through cross-departmental training.
- Measure and report on business impact of optimization projects; prepare feedback on areas of success and of improvement, and present to the team.
- Work independently on all aspects of SEO, including research, strategy and implementation.
- Participate in webinars, workshops, events and conferences.
- Exposure to Local SEO concepts and best practices.
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- You have a positive attitude: You’re a team player and you’re resilient in the face of challenges. Most importantly, you’re fun and a pleasure to be around!
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, level of self awareness and track-record of working with others.
- Clear communication skills (e.g. verbal, written, and the ability to give presentations).
- You’re not afraid to ask questions, but will try to figure out the answer on your own first.
- Comfortable providing recommendations with confidence to senior level stakeholders, even when there is ambiguity involved.
- Comfortable working under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Extreme attention to detail, and strong organizational and time management skills.
- Google My Business, Bing Local.
- SEO services and tools such as LocalClarity, SEOclarity, or Moz Local.
- Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables).
What we offer:
- Gaining experience from state of the art enterprise SEO in-house colleagues and external partners.
- Continuous on-the-job SEO training and development.
- Competitive salary.
- Career progression and personal development.
- Chance to be part of a global start-up.
- Chance to be part of a very dynamic & fast paced environment.
- Casual business environment.
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested, we invite you to submit your CV using the Fast Apply option.