Vacancy: Technical Authority - Mechanical
Job Family: Engineering
Johnson Matthey Clean Air currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Technical Authority to join our dedicated team as we go through an exciting period of transformation.
As a global leader in sustainable technologies, we apply our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us.
We’ve been leaders in our field for more than 200 years and are inspired by our vision for a world that’s cleaner and healthier, today and for future generations. We harness our leading-edge science and technology to deliver value for our customers and breakthrough results that enhance lives.
And now, as the world faces the challenges of climate change and resource scarcity, we have an even bigger role to play. Johnson Matthey will be central in accelerating the big transitions needed in transport, energy, chemicals production and creating a circular economy.
Together for a cleaner, healthier world.
Reporting directly to our Clean Air Sector Engineering Director you will be accountable for the definition, deployment and assurance of sector-wide mechanical standards, strategy and ways of working throughout the Clean Air sector. You will work with the sector team providing mentorship and support across the sector teams and plant engineering functions in all areas of mechanical engineering.
Our Clean Air sector have around 17 plants globally including sites in Royston UK, Macedonia, Poland, Germany, India, Japan, China and the USA. The role will offer flexible working and ideally the successful candidate would be based in one of the countries mentioned above. There will also be an expectation to travel to our Clean Air sites globally on a regular basis.
- Definition, deployment and assurance of mechanical standards, strategy and ways of working for all areas of mechanical engineering across the sector.
- Coordination of these standards with Group Projects and other sectors; ensuring compatibility of sector and local standards.
- Mentor and support engineering groups across the sector to enable adherence to the standards and drive a culture of best practice.
- Act as a sector expert/key point of contact for capital projects and plant support activities, including leading and undertaking project work as appropriate.
- Key point of contact with contract organisations for mechanical standards and design.
- Act as a sector expert/key point of contact for all aspects of mechanical design in the manufacturing plants.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have/be:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject.
- Significant experience in mechanical engineering in a manufacturing plant or project role ideally in a chemical or automotive environment.
- Delivery focused and able to achieve business critical timescales and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of global engineering standards and experience of working internationally is essential.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact UKRecruit@matthey.com.
Closing date for applications: 7 December 2021