Engineering Talent Acquisition Partner
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
A better internet is possible, one that empowers people to choose how their personal information is used.
This might seem daunting, or even impossible, but at Proton, building this better internet is what we do every day.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, ProtonMail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as ProtonVPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, use end to-end encryption that givesour users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton is making privacy universally accessible to more than 50 million registered users, including journalists, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 30 different nationalities.
While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, and many more employees working remotely around the world.
New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens use our products so they can choose who, if anyone, sees their information. Join us at one of Europe’s fastest growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies, we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for Engineering Talent Acquisition Partner to lead our efforts to find exceptional people to help us achieve our ambitious mission to rebuild an Internet where privacy would be the default. We are currently experiencing an unprecedented hyper-growth and offer a unique playground to build a tailor-made recruitment strategy and make an impact on both our organization and society. Join the team and help us make Proton the top scale-up to work for in Europe.
What you will do
- You will manage the end-to-end recruitment cycle for leadership roles, from the job posting to the offer stage.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand their hiring needs and help to craft compelling job descriptions for candidates.
- Bring to life and execute innovative recruitment strategies to unleash the full potential of our current and future talent pools.
- Initiate and drive projects to create an unforgettable Proton experience for all our candidates.
- Be an ambassador of our mission and values and inspire candidates to join Proton.
- Strong experience in tech recruiting and sourcing, with a significant portion in tech fast-paced environments.
- Strong analytical skills and focus on candidate experience.
- Ability to hold a very mature conversation with the hiring managers.
- Ability to drive and own the process.
- Deep understanding of the tech landscape, from the jobs to the culture, Curious and tech-savvy.
- Sound communication skills both orally and in writing.
Why you should join Proton
- Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us.
- Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations, such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, Cambridge, and ETH.
- Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - ProtonMail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
- Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
- Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
- Benefits – these vary by location and type of contract but expect support on your vacation, parental leave, refreshment if working from the office, learning and development opportunities, equity for shared success, flexible working hours and remote work, company events and team building activities.