Test Engineer (Calendar)
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data. ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users.
Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Our users include New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens. The world is adopting our products at an accelerating pace. Whether it’s in New York, or at the front lines of the global struggle for freedom and democracy in Hong Kong, Belarus, and Myanmar, the work we do saves lives and is transforming the world. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei, employing people around the world.
Purpose of the role
As a QA Engineer in Proton, you will be a quality gate keeper for products and features that enable millions of our customers to communicate securely online. You will work hand-in-hand with the development team and will provide a quality feedback on every stage of the software development life-cycle. You will advocate for the continuous investments in software quality, while ensuring fast feature delivery on behalf of our customers.
What you will do
- Work closely with the development team in order to continuously improve the quality of the Android ProtonCalendar application.
- Ensure best testing practices are used in product development.
- Implement, maintain and enhance Android automated tests using Espresso test framework.
- Create, execute and maintain manual functional and non-functional tests.
- Develop test strategies.
- Prepare test data.
- Participate in feature specifications and wire-frames reviews.
- Prior experience with Android test automation and manual testing.
- Be independent and a highly motivated problem solver.
- Eager to innovate, learn new things, and share ideas.
- Be proactive in finding and preventing bugs.
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle process.
- Knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Understanding of CI/CD processes and tools.
Bonus points for
- 3+ years of experience in Android test automation and manual testing.
- Experience working in distributed teams.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
Why you should join Proton
- Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us.
- Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations, such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, Cambridge, and ETH.
- Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - ProtonMail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
- Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
- Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.