Position Title: Accounting System Admin
Located : Skopje, Macedonia
What we’re looking for
This person will be a talented, motivated and driven individual that can work independently and as part of a vibrant growing design agency. They will have a demonstrated experience in accounting and implementing a financial software.
- Good accounting knowledge and experience (2-3 years).
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Great organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be savvy with digital upload, download and file transfer processes.
- Responsible for overall integrity, maintenance, ongoing development and updating of agency ERP system.
Roles and responsibilities
- Regular maintenance and updating of the system. To include the testing of updates and amendments initially applied to the Test system, prior to deployment to the Live system.
- Delivering prompt closedown of month and year end periods for AR, AP and GL, to an agreed timetable. This will include ensuring all key data (journals, cash receipts etc.) have been imported prior to closing the ledger.
- Managing the existing systems helpdesk and ensuring all queries are dealt with promptly or delegated where necessary/appropriate.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely management of users within the system.
System Development and Configuration
- To be proactive in facilitating business process review and ensure that users at all levels are achieving the maximum output from the system. To include regular and timely review of all existing and future accounting hierarchies used by the ledger system to ensure integrity.
- Active participation in local, regional and international meetings with the aim of standardising processes across all offices in the network.
- Provide a consistent and approachable point of contact for stakeholders
- Production of system user guides and procedure manuals. This will include regular review, updating and improving where necessary.
Accountancy and Financial Management
- Reconciliation of key bank account controls accounts and other control accounts to ensure integrity of financial system.
- Liaise with external stakeholders where necessary, including auditors and system developers.
- Work to eliminate all offline financial information.
- Applicant is required to have working knowledge of accounting rules in order to comply with financial legislation (part qualified acceptable).
- Experience of delivering month end processes and reporting.
- Previous systems accountant experience is essential.
- High standard of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist in report writing and the creation of standard templates in order to provide key management information.
Who are we?
We’re Iris. We’re For the Forward. A creative, strategy and innovation company that uses the power of participation to excite progress for businesses. As part of the IT team, we’re inviting you to participate in progress – moving yourself and the world forward with every decision you make.
The Iris Character
We have five core behaviours that we look for to help us to build a culture that fosters true progress: Courage, Storytelling, Collaboration, Empathy and Commitment.
What's in it for you?
- Be a part of vibrant and highly motivated team
- Career development and opportunities
- Regular team socials
- Travel insurance for work trips
- Training and seminars (foreign languages, Excel courses are also included)
- A competitive market compensation and private Healthcare & Dental
- Awesome office space in Skopje within walking distance to shops, bars, restaurants and more
- Flexibility regarding work from home
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
‘FOR THE FREE’ is our global DE&I strategy. Its aim is to create a business where everyone feels free to be themselves and has the same opportunity and access to progress. Our DE&I strategy encourages courageous thinkers who champion outsider perspectives. ‘FOR THE FREE’ has three main pillars of activity:
Diversity - We want to invite difference. To be an organisation that is fully representative of different groups and reflects the city, country and world that we live in. We value our talents’ lived experiences – including gender, race, class, disability, neuro-diversity and sexual orientation.
Equity - We want to be fair to everyone. To remove barriers for individuals and groups and provide the bespoke access, support and opportunities that are needed to fully participate in our organisation. We are levelling the playing field.
Inclusion - We want everyone to feel at home. To provide a place where people can be themselves, express their unique identity and contribute to the life of our community
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and recruit on talent alone, regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, religion, education, class, sexual orientation or disability. We champion diversity and believe it not only benefits, but enhances our creativity, our company and the wider society at large. We are For The Forward.
Please email CV in English using the Apply now option.