Senior iOS Engineer (Engineering Ecosystem)
- building features in all of Proton's products
- close interactions with products and engineers across the company
- good grasp of scalable software architecture and software engineering best practices
- an intuition for optimal user experience and design
- You have experience in iOS or macOS development, in particular with Swift (7+ years).
- You have a passion for mentoring other engineers and helping them grow.
- You are passionate about user interaction, usability, and providing an excellent user experience.
- Demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects.
- Extensive experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques.
- Extensive experience with multithreading programming and mobile memory management.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with SPM
Why should you join Proton?
- Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us. Proton is free, open source, neutral, independent, and community first, while remaining financially sustainable.
- Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations, such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, Cambridge, and ETH.
- Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - Proton Mail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
- Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
- Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
- Benefits – these vary by location and type of contract but expect support on your vacation, parental leave, refreshment if working from the office, learning and development opportunities, equity for shared success, flexible working hours and remote work, company events and team building activities.