NOVA International School
Seeks a Math and Science Teacher grades 6-8
(start date: January 2024)
NOVA seeks a highly qualified and experienced educator with the ability to teach math in the MYP program, grades 6-8. The ideal candidate will have a strong affinity for the IB educational philosophy (interdisciplinary, inquiry based approach), and will have had several years of relevant professional experience. The candidate will need to demonstrate high levels of involvement with students and colleagues, in the classroom and beyond.
We consider student well-being to be a necessary precondition of learning. Helping mentor students through the challenges of their adolescent journey is a key aspect of the role. The candidate should demonstrate ability to work in teams, develop and implement a strong mentorship approach to the needs of their every student.
English language proficiency is required for this position as English is the official language of the school.
Education / Certification / Experience:
- Experience with the IB MYP or similar international curricular frameworks (AERO, IMYC) preferred
- Middle School specialization
- Current educational certification (in a relevant field)
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience
- Collaborative and flexible
- Embodies the IB Learner Profile Attributes
- Possesses enthusiasm and advocacy for student wellbeing
- Displays excellent social skills which enable community-wide collaboration
- Is highly organized, with a minimum of C1 level of English language proficiency
Your application should include a cover letter of no more than one page, outlining your motivation for joining NOVA as well as a current resume (a recent photo is optional). Additionally, it should include contact from 2 past supervisors who are willing to be your confidential referees. All documents should be sent via Fast Apply as a single PDF document no later than Thursday November 30th 2023. The school reserves the right to appoint an applicant at any stage if a highly qualified person applies before the due date.