Working closely with big brands and building powerful websites is challenging and rewarding!
scandiweb has worked with various world-known brands like Ford, Hyundai, BMW, Jaguar, Happy Socks, Lancome, L'Oreal, Puma, the MET, and more, building beautiful solutions for their eCommerce needs.
Our global team of 50+ different countries covers multiple levels of expertise in Digital Marketing, UX Design, Web Development, Business Development, Project Management, and, of course, Quality Assurance.
We are the #1 eCommerce Agency in the world, and it takes a lot to push the boundaries and stay ahead! Join us and be part of the ambitious journey!
What is a day for Junior Trainee QA?
The first day and the following few weeks you will dedicate to onboarding, where you will learn about the tools we use, the processes we follow, the company's history, and its culture. You will set up your workspace and workstation, equipping them with the necessary apps.
Once that is completed, you will be assigned education tasks, which involve applying the tools you have learned. Typically, these tasks are a small part of a real project that you will work on with the guidance and supervision of a mentor.
We expect a commitment to quality from every team member. New colleagues need to dedicate themselves to learning how to produce high-quality work.
As you gain more independence in your coding skills, tackle more complex tasks, and assist others, you will increase your capability to become a full-stack Software Engineer.
What do we expect from a Junior Trainee QA?
- The title says it all - we expect you to be a true Junior, with a hunger for information and advice from mentors and senior colleagues. You will learn by doing, each iteration and learning experience bringing you closer to a solid foundation and success.
- However, to join successfully, a basic understanding and skill set in PHP, CSS, and MySQL is mandatory. You may have acquired this knowledge through your university studies, late-night tutorial sessions on YouTube, or by exploring code on your own. Occasionally, you will also be involved in quality assurance testing for the projects you are entrusted with maintaining. While prior work experience is not expected, starting knowledge is required.
- Over time, every developer becomes full-stack capable. While most of our projects are based on Magento and PWA, there are exceptions involving Shopify, Laravel, or other platforms. Be prepared to develop a well-rounded skill set in eCommerce development!
- Please note that if you are joining scandiweb remotely, you will need to have your own hardware setup. After the probation period, it is possible to arrange a hardware upgrade.
You must have:
- Ubuntu (Linux) operating system for work. If you want to keep Windows, install Ubuntu alongside it (dual boot) instead of using Virtualbox, WSL, or any other method.
- It is recommended to have a CPU i5 or AMD equivalent, SSD with 512GB, and 16GB of RAM.
How to apply?
- Complete the necessary details, and we will promptly get back to you with the next steps.
- The next steps typically involve a test assignment and a technical interview.
To successfully pass the test, a basic understanding of web applications developed using PHP, MySQL, HTML, and CSS will be needed. While your education course will cover topics like React, GraphQL, and deployment to cloud environments based on
Kubernetes, initially you are required to possess only the fundamentals of web development.
- Work on the most challenging and largest projects worldwide.
- Join a multinational team that delivers to customers in over 70 countries.
- Experience our online office, where everyone is connected regardless of their location.
- Receive support for hardware upgrades.
- We offer paid vacation days, sick leave, maternity/paternity leave, and the opportunity to celebrate national holidays based on your country.
- Benefit from health insurance.
- Access certifications, events, and many other opportunities!
scandiweb is a full-service agency specializing in eCommerce.
We can plan and deliver your strategic eCommerce roadmap for the next 5 years. From Adobe Magento, Akeneo, and other platform integration, hosting, 24/7 support to traffic acquisition (PPC, SEO), user experience optimization, design, and eCommerce legal consulting.
scandiweb is the only eCommerce agency, which is happy to be your Plan B. When things do not go as expected, we are happy to help and fix them for you - either it is to improve your existing website or create a new one from scratch.