NOVA International Schools
Seeks an Elementary School Support Teacher
(2023-2024 school year)
The Elementary Support Teacher’s primary focus is to support student learning. This includes teaching stand-alone lessons for EAL learners and assisting the homeroom teacher with differentiated instruction in the classroom for all children. The Support Teacher will be responsible for working with individual or smaller groups of students who need assistance to absorb the lesson material.
- Develop, plan, and teach small group lessons to EAL learners.
- Work collaboratively with Homeroom Teachers to track the growth of EAL learners.
- Monitor the progress and growth of those students receiving EAL services, write report card narratives, and communicate with parents.
- Provide specific feedback to students, both positive encouragement and constructive suggestions.
- Provide a clear Learning Target for each lesson.
All Students in the Classroom:
- Review material taught in class with individual students with learning challenges.
- Work with smaller groups of students for remedial (or advanced learners) teaching or reinforcing the learning process.
- Teach the class if the Homeroom Teacher is absent.
- (EAL Teachers) Monitor students’ progress and keep accurate, cumulative records of children’s achievements for parents and Homeroom teachers.
Classroom Management & Safety
- Create a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Actively participate in creating and reinforcing classroom rules and expectations.
- Maintain a well-managed classroom environment that encourages students to take risks, focus on learning, and always be respectful and courteous.
- Oversee students during non-classroom times, including in-between classes, during lunch, on the playground, and on-field excursions.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents.
- Carry out duties as assigned on the playground, in the cafeteria, etc.
- Support Homeroom Teacher with additional tasks.
Contribution to Teaching Team Collaboration
Work cooperatively, collegially, and supportively with other staff members and teachers. Support the homeroom teacher with materials preparations, grading, and other responsibilities assigned.
- Collaboratively plan weekly lesson plans, units of study, and classroom activities with Homeroom Teachers.
- Grade student work and input data as assigned.
- Prepare materials for classroom lessons and activities.
It is expected that candidates for this position will be highly qualified educators. Candidates we would consider a good match include:
Education / Certification / Experience:
- Early years/Elementary school pedagogical specialization or BA in teaching English language
- Current educational certification
- Previous relevant experience in working with elementary students
- Experience working in similar dynamic learning communities
- Collaborative and flexible
- Possesses enthusiasm and advocacy for student wellbeing
- Displays excellent social skills which enable community-wide collaboration
- Is highly organized
- Has minimum of C1 level of English language proficiency
Your application should include a current resume, contact from 2 past supervisors who are willing to be your confidential referees, and a recent photo (optional). In addition, you should include a cover letter of no more than one page, outlining your motivation for joining Nova. All the documents should be sent via Fast Apply as a single PDF document no later than Friday December 1st 2023. The school reserves the right to appoint an applicant at any stage if a highly qualified person applies before the due datе.