Visual Designer (Graphic / Motion)
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Apply: go to https://careers.protonmail.com/o/visual-designer-graphic-motion and apply online
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Since then, we have become one of Europe’s fastest growing startups, with a team of 300 representing 30 nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Skopje, Taipei, Vilnius and Prague. Our privacy-first services,including ProtonMail, ProtonVPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, and more to come, are used by millions of people from over 180 countries.
Proton is a mission driven company. We’re deeply committed to enabling freedom online and ensuring the internet serves the interests of all people. Our technologies provide trusted ways for people to be secure online and in control of their information at all times. Our users include New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens. The world is adopting our products at an accelerating pace. Whether it’s in New York, or at the front lines of the global struggle for freedom and democracy in Hong Kong, Belarus, and Myanmar, the work we do saves lives and is transforming the world.
The world is adopting our products at an accelerating pace. Help us bring it from tens of millions of users, to billions of users. We’re creating one of the world’s most impactful tech companies. Be part of the team creating the next Google or Facebook, that can touch the lives of everyone you know.
About the position
As a member of our Brand Team, you will help transform ideas and stories into functional and appealing visual content that educates, informs, and inspires people to take steps toward securing their digital lives, engage with our products, and join us in building an internet where privacy is the default.
Proton's Brand Team is comprised of team members from international backgrounds. However, advanced English proficiency is required.
The Proton Brand Team is rapidly expanding and seeking visual designers with proven experience in multiple disciplines:
- Graphic Designer — You are a vector+pixel expert and master Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign to perfection. You can bring ideas to life by thoroughly following brand guidelines and can design for all sizes and mediums, ranging from digital to print. You’re detail oriented and creative, which makes your concepts impossible to ignore.
- Motion Designer — You can create motion work for any channel, ranging from social media to a banner in Times Square. You bring vectors to life in a fluid and natural way. Your work makes any idea easy to grasp and attract the attention of an audience. You have experience in animating product interfaces to bring them to life and increase user loyalty.
We are looking for visual designers who can quickly grasp complex technical topics and turn abstract ideas into persuasive and easy to understand designs. You’ll work closely with the Brand team and stakeholders throughout the company to identify stories and opportunities to bring our brand to life, develop visual assets, adapt to guidelines and touch-points across our users’ journeys, and deliver immaculate designs and assets on tight deadlines. Working at Proton requires a strong understanding of what attracts our users visually. You will be an important part in the transition to a private internet.
What you will do:
- Transform briefs and stories from across the company into visually appealing digital or print content
- Design assets for different digital or print media, such as app store listings, in product assets, OOH, campaigns, landing pages, video platforms, website, social media, and more.
- Identify opportunities and propose ideas in line with our brand’s personality and industry to inform and delight our users but also attract new ones.
- Create visual content that stands out and helps build our reputation as a leader in the privacy space, as well as to generate leads and increase conversion on our touchpoints.
- Support different departments with visual design, work for all our portfolio products.
- Provide and accept constructive feedback within your team and collaborate to create high quality work.
- Contribute to maintaining a unified brand image and help foster a sense of premium quality
- through your work.
- Propose creative concepts for acquisition and retention campaigns or bring to life other team member’s ideas.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in graphic design/ motion design
- Expert knowledge of exporting for the right platform, color modes, file types, image editing, resolutions, printing, and/or encoding (if applicable)
- Strong understanding of typography, color theory, white space and layouting, motion design principles (if applicable).
- Experience creating high quality visual designs for a large company, including product launches, content marketing, emails, advertisements, youtube channels, social media content, and other
- marketing assets
- Experience with designing ads and assets for marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding of the importance of brand guidelines and the ability to follow them to perfection
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks based on urgency and importance
- Strong organizational and media management skills. Sharing workfiles with your team is imperative for the success of your work.
- Exceptional communication skills
- A minimum understanding of the technology industry
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive. You don’t require constant input, and you have meticulous attention to detail
- A true team player who brings passion to the table and is innately interested in Proton
- Good written and spoken English
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone's opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Our products protects dissidents, journalists and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
Proton uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain