Customer Support Advisor (Proton Mail)
Location: Skopje office (70%)
A better internet, where privacy is the default, is possible. Building this better internet might seem daunting or even unthinkable, but at Proton, this is what we do every day.
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, Proton Mail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as Proton VPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, give our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton makes privacy universally accessible. Journalists from outlets like The Guardian and The New York Times, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries have signed up for over 70 million accounts. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 40 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, and many more employees working remotely around the world.
Join one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies; we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for enthusiastic tech-savvy individuals to join our Customer Support team in our offices in Skopje. As a Customer Support Specialist for Proton Mail, you’ll be in charge of resolving our customers' technical support questions related to our product.
What you will do
- Interact directly with Proton Mail customers to answer questions regarding our services
- Help resolve technical support inquiries from customers and maintain the high levels of customer support and satisfaction we are known for
- Extensive troubleshooting in order to detect the cause of the issue
- Collaborate closely with our developers to improve Proton products based on customer feedback
- Helping to test the web and mobile applications on a regular basis to ensure that only a high-quality product is released to our customers
- Excellent communication in English (especially in written form)
- Understanding the concept of end-to-end encryption
- Experience in Customer Support is a big plus
- You're a problem solver with a positive attitude
- You enjoy working in a highly dynamic environment
- You're tech-savvy
- You care about digital privacy and you want to make a difference
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Customer Support
- Experience with QA testing
- A degree in Information Technology is a big plus