ACCOUNTING ADVISOR (F/M/D)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. As a non-governmental social development organisation, it helps children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and advocacy for children’s rights, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The Accounting Advisor contributes to the mission of Finance & Controlling by:
- Ensuring that the business cases are accurately recorded in the financial books of SOS Kinderdorf International (SOS-KDI);
- Setting up accounting processes and processing accounting transactions related to the international funds allocation through the Shared Treasury Services team;
- Improving day-to-day accounting processes and the implementation of ERP solutions;
- Preparing the SOS KDI consolidated annual financial reports.
- Providing project and conceptual process support within the Finance & Controlling department and across the federation
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Technical examination of working documents and proper structuring of business transactions
- Executing current accounting for the Austrian SOS Children’s Villages International locations and for the Shared Treasury Services department
- Reconciliation of accounts in the general and subsidiary ledgers
- Provisions, accruals and deferrals
- Intercompany Allocations
- Reconciliation of transactions between Austrian branches and regional offices
- Support internal and external audits
- Ongoing support of the Accounting Manager
- Implementation and co-design of quality and control processes
- Prepare accounting guidelines for SOS Children’s Villages International and within the federation
- Preparation of the consolidated global financial statements
- Preparation of the annual report on the financial transactions of the Shared Treasury Services team
- Support the system implementation for SOS Children’s Villages International Austria offices including system rollout and localization
- Bachelor’s degree or above in finance/ business administration, preferably in the field of accounting or controlling
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in the field of accounting, preferably in a multinational / multicultural environment
- Understanding of Austrian statutory accounting would represent an advantage
- Good knowledge of Finance-related IT systems and other related IT systems (mostly XLS)
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong experience with global consolidation processes
- Good Understanding of IFRS
- Experience with Microsoft Navision, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Finance Module) or similar ERP systems (would represent an advantage)
- Fluent in English (written and verbal). German would be desirable
- A range of interesting tasks in a leading international NGO’s multicultural working environment
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- A range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
If you are interested and motivated, please send your application in English by 12/08/2022 via Fast Apply. In the subject line please refer to Accounting Advisor.
All applications will be proceeded in strict confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further interviews. For any questions you might have, please feel free to contact Executive Search Consulting at (02) 2700-425.
By applying for this position, you are authorizing us to hold your CV and personal information in our database of candidates, allowing us to contact you regarding potentially relevant positions. If you do not want your CV to be stored in our database of candidates, please specify that in your email.