Discover the beauty of unspoiled nature, magnificent landscapes and endless relaxation at the footsteps of the majestic Pirin Mountain – a UNESCO World Heritage environment.
We look forward to welcoming you to an oasis of luxury, comfort and tranquility in Bansko – the most modern winter resort in the Balkans. The only representative if the Kempinski in Bulgaria is open year-round and comprises 157 Alpine-style rooms and suites, superb conference facilities, lavish dining services, three restaurants and five bars and an award-winning spa center.
For our Dream Team in Kempinski Hotel Grand Arena Bansko we are currently looking for talented Cook Hero who dares to craft the best food experience for our guests during the summer season (June - September). The role of our Demi Chef de Partie is to support the Chef de Partie by preparing, presenting, storing and serving a selection of dishes.
DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE
- Dishes are prepared, cooked and served according to the restaurant’s menu;
- Communication with guests and internal customers is politely and they display courtesy;
- Any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information is communicated to their superior;
- Effective employee working relationships are established and maintained;
- Familiarity with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures is maintained, and operation of equipment is handled safely and sensibly. HACCP is implemented and practiced;
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known;
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service. Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant’s menu;
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area;
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and is aware of financial targets;
- Work with Superior to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive;
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures to staff;
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with the hotel requirements.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 2 years experience on similar position;
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations;
- HACCP Certificate would be considerate as an advantage;
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Working in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Excellent oral and written skills of local language. The knowledge of English language is a must
Company training, an exceptional opportunity for professional and career development, competitive remuneration package as well as an excellent team atmosphere. Benefit from more than 250 Kempinski online university courses free of charge as well as Cornell University Management studies at unbeatable corporate discounts.
If you are a positive person who loves challenges and likes to work in a young dynamic team as well as gain a lot of knowledge and experience in an exceptionally pleasant working environment, you are welcome to become part of the huge Kempinski family! Start now your international hospitality career in one of the leading Luxury Hotel companies
Please, send your CV in English language via Fast Apply button. Only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!