Remote System Engineer
As a Systems Engineer in the Network Architecture team, you will play a major role in automating our infrastructure, development processes and tools.
North Macedonia - Kosovo - Albania
As a Systems Engineer in the Network Architecture team, you will play a major role in automating our infrastructure, development processes and tools. You’ll be part of a growing team that is building our next generation fiber platform. The platform offers a robust API for provisioning and managing hardware on our fiber network and integrates with many other services and tools that power our business.
Ideally, you have notable experience with systems automation tools like Salt and Ansible. You develop, test, administer, deploy, and maintain our infrastructure. You are open to giving and receiving feedback, participating in peer reviews and design discussions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing and maintaining Salt recipes for new applications.
- Deploying infrastructure that serves thousands of households and businesses.
- Integrating existing systems to make them work together
- Enhancing our monitoring systems to enable the best customer service experience.
- Debugging issues with our DNS, DHCP, radius and monitoring platforms.
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a system engineer
- Affinity with networking and a good understanding of protocols like DHCP.
- Experience automating virtual machine deployments with Salt
- Experience with maintaining Proxmox clusters
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- May be required to be part of an on-call rotation
Nice to have:
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party systems
- Experience with programming languages like Python or scripting languages like Bash
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to multiple programming languages
- Knowledge of fiber networks a plus