Bulgarian & English Phone Translator / Interpreter (m/f)
Location: Home Office (Remote)
Job Type: Full-Time
Working Schedule: Includes working in US time-zones.
Salary: 850 NET / Monthly
Starting Date: April 2021
Teleperformance is the world’s largest customer service company that offers outstanding career opportunities. Our team has more than 320,000 colleagues in 80 countries and has a tradition of 40 years. Teleperformance is listed on the Euronext-Paris Stock Exchange, signed by United Nations Global Compact and certified by Great Place to Work®.
The Bulgarian Telephone Interpreter is responsible for handling calls on demand and renders the meaning of conversations between Bulgarian and English speakers. The interpreter breaks the communication barrier in a wide range of industries: Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Financial, Utilities, Travel & Hospitality, General Business, Law Enforcement, Court, and 911.
The interpreter processes information quickly, concisely and recognizes sensitive cultural differences. He/She is professional and courteous at all times. The interpreter uses appropriate terminology and understands common industry procedures and practices. The calls may involve simple or complex technical or non-technical subjects.
This position does not involve written translation; however, translators and other skilled linguists are encouraged to apply. Telephone interpreters translate verbally.
**This is a remote position. The Interpreter works from his/her home office. Teleperformance provides all equipment. It is essential to ensure a quiet & secure environment. Working hours adjusted to the American time zones**
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer calls promptly and conducts interpretation in a friendly and professional manner.
- Render correct concepts and meanings according to the conventions of established interpretation protocol, avoiding omissions or additions.
- Speak clearly in both languages using proper pronunciation, enunciation, and polite expressions.
- Maintain a professional demeanor throughout the call at all times.
- Remain calm during calls if one of the primary speakers is incoherent or upset, especially in emergencies.
- Maintain punctuality and availability during scheduled work hours.
- Understand protocol and terminology for various industries including, but not limited to, Medical, Insurance, Finance, and Law.
- Demonstrate commitment to cultural sensitivity and working in a diverse environment.
- Fluency in Bulgarian and English and skilled in the associated cultural dynamics.
- Excellent listening, retention, and note-taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracy during interpretation.
- Education or work experience in language-related fields such as teaching, language assessment, translation, or interpretation preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- The hired candidates will have initial training conducted at Teleperformance in Skopje.
- After you have been pre-selected, an online test in English and Bulgarian will be sent out to you.
- All working equipment is provided by Teleperformance.
- Work contract and private health insurance is provided by Teleperformance.
How to Apply:
Apply by clicking the link below and filling out the form no later than the 11th of April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.