Remote Service Desk IT Support
The Service Desk Analyst's role is to ensure proper equipment and software operation such that end users can accomplish their daily business tasks.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone, online support, and e-mail interactions in a courteous and professional manner.
- Clearly document all pertinent end user identification information, problem details, troubleshooting steps, and final resolution.
- Prioritize incoming trouble tickets and schedule investigation and resolution accordingly.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced analyst.
- Apply appropriate diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked question resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware items used and supported by the organization.
- Test fixes to ensure a problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests whenever appropriate.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problem occurrences.
- Develop help sheets and other proactive documentation for end-users.
What You Bring to The Team:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and software; PC and MacOS.
- Previous experience providing first-level systems support in a corporate environment.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows 10, Server 2016, 2019, Android, iOS, iPad OS, and MacOS.
- Working knowledge of Office 365, Teams, and Active Directory
- Superior Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Superior command of written English with a demonstrated ability to produce quality documentation.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing/technical issues as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly “low-tech” language.
- Prior experience with a ticket tracking solution.
- CompTIA A+ and ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
- Mon - Friday 3PM - 11 PM or 4 PM - 12 AM