Tigo Finance is a leading fintech company in the region, providing a scope of financial services, specializing in unsecured lending. Based on the proven experience and achievements in the industry with headquarters in Skopje the company aims to offer financial services to private individuals in the simplest, quickest and most convenient process for the customer.
We are looking forward to meeting you, and we truly believe that you will be a very valuable team member who will bring new professional competencies to our company. Join us as:
Head of Internal Audit
The purpose of this role is to lead Internal audit department to accomplish its objectives, while providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve TIGO Finance’s operations. The mission of internal audit department is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insights.
The head of internal audit has the responsibility to:
- Submit, at least annually, to Senior Management and the Audit Committee a risk-based internal audit plan for review and approval. All operational areas and/or units of the TIGO Finance are subject of auditing by internal audit, at least every three years, including the ones with low risk.
- Communicate to Senior Management and the Audit Committee the impact of resource limitations on the internal audit plan.
- Review and adjust the internal audit plan, as necessary, in response to changes in TIGO Finance’s business, risks, operations, programs, systems, and controls.
- Communicate to Senior Management and the Audit Committee any significant interim changes to the internal audit plan.
- Ensure each engagement of the internal audit plan is executed and communicated as per the requirements and standards.
- Follow up on engagement findings and corrective actions, and report periodically to Senior Management and the Audit Committee any corrective actions not effectively implemented.
- Ensure the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency are applied and upheld.
- Ensure the internal audit department collectively possesses or obtains the knowledge, skills, and other competencies needed to meet the requirements of the internal audit charter.
- Ensure trends and emerging issues that could impact TIGO Finance are considered and communicated to Senior Management and the Audit Committee as appropriate.
- Ensure emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing are considered.
- Establish and ensure adherence to policies and procedures designed to guide the internal audit department.
- Ensure adherence to TIGO Finance’s relevant policies and procedures, unless such policies and procedures conflict with the internal audit charter. Any such conflicts will be resolved or otherwise communicated to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Engaged in continuous improvement and professional qualifications in internal audit and financial sector related matters.
- Ability to travel in other cities or outside the country as the need may arise.
- Execute other duties that the direct management may assign.
- Manages within 3 months to perform one audit project independently.
- Timely accomplishment of tasks and projects scheduled in the internal audit plan and in line with professional standards.
Competencies & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, report writing) Fluency in written and spoken English
- Very good analytical skills
- High ethical and professional reputation
- Objective and confidential
- Strong leadership, management, and motivational skills
- Hardworking person with flexible mindset
- Able to take initiatives and propose solutions/give recommendations.
- Very good knowledge of fin tech industry and regulatory standards/requirements
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Eager to invest in professional advancement and certifications. International professional certifications like CIA, CISA, CRMA etc. are an advantage.
- At least 10 years of experience in financial institutions in internal audit and control functions
- Good knowledge of MS office and related software/programs
- Proficiency on International Internal Audit Standards, governance, risk and control areas
- Driving license
What will we do in order to motivate you?
- Competitive salary;
- Bi-annual bonus
- Private health insurance;
- Opportunity to realize ambitious ideas and challenging goals;
- The chance to get international business experience;
- Use of top-of-the-line technology for business needs;
- Wellness programs and discount benefits constantly updated by HR department;
- Other benefits, where applicable (company car, company phone etc.).
If you are interested to boost you career together with us, please send your CV in English with notice for the position “Head of Internal Audit” using the apply button.
The company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted for interview.
Financial company TIGO Financials DOOEL Skopje