Reports to: SASA Finance Director
Location: SASA Mine, M. Kamenica, North Macedonia
To develop a high performing procurement team and through them develop a robust, agile and highly efficient supply chain delivering significant year on year cost reductions.
- Adhere to the Company’s ethical standards.
- Uphold CAML’s core values
- Work cross functionally within SASA and with the wider CAML group to ensure company-wide coordination as well as identification and management of procurement opportunities
- Responsible for establishing and managing the budgets for the department.
- Lead, manage and develop the procurement team in accordance with the SASA culture.
- Build highly effective internal relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Define and implement procurement strategy and direction.
- Determine and implement procurement policy, ensuring adequate controls (within corporate governance) and monitoring.
- Continually develop tools and processes and keep abreast of ‘best practice’, ensuring procurement is responsive to business requirements.
- Manage and develop the organisation’s commercial Procurement activities and ensure suppliers are effectively managed to meet the on-going needs of the company.
- Develop an agile supply base to meet customer and business requirements at all times.
- Ensure procurement contributes to the profitability and EBITDA (Earnings before Interest, Tax, Depreciation) objectives by:
- Develop an effective supply base which is responsive to the business and customer requirements:
- Contribute towards the strategy and direction of the organisation’s Operations and Supply Chain functions and ensure the procurement function fully supports such.
- Identify, eliminate / reduce and advise all stakeholders of commercial and technical risks in any new or existing sources of supply / supply chains or proposed items.
- Ensure effective procurement support of engineering development projects from the commencement of each project.
- Ensure material OTIF is maintained.
- Manage key areas of spend (commodity).
- Develop KPI’s and share with all appropriate parties.
- Contribute at corporate level within specific projects and leverage support for Offset Contracts and any other synergetic opportunities.
- Own and support special projects as appropriate.
- Ensure expenditure is approved in accordance with Corporate Governance.
- Understand and at all times live by SASA’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Interpersonal Skills - Relates well to others and can build rapport across the organisation.
- Organising - Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Drive for Results - Reliable performer who can be counted on to achieve consistent results.
- Action-oriented - Enthusiastic, willing to take action.
- Approachability - Easy to talk to, able to put others at ease; and
- Team Worker - Able to work well as part of an integrated team.
- Professional qualification in Purchasing or Supply (such as CIPS) or a relevant business degree.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- A self-starter, capable of developing innovative solutions.
- Proven track record of successful people management. This should include: Undertaking regular performance review discussions. Developing direct reports and improving individual employee performance. Building and developing high performing teams.
- Demonstrable record of leading and motivating a team to deliver on-going process improvements.
- Demonstrable record of having led and implemented change through pro-active change management.
- Demonstrable ability to manage effectively whilst under pressure and react positively to changing requirements.
- History of effective supplier management including monitoring, evaluating and qualifying existing and new supplier opportunities.
- Commercial awareness – proven ability to negotiate complex technical issues with suppliers and/or customers.
- Proven track record of successfully leading high level negotiations.
- Sound knowledge and experience of using modern ERP/ MRP systems. Previous experience of implementing and/or developing a new ERP/MRP system would be advantageous.
- International business experience – sound knowledge of cultures and processes.
- Technical competence in electronics and mechanical components would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of supporting off-shore manufacture and sourcing in low cost offshore economies would be desirable.
- Strong desire to progress career further.
- Willingness to travel, including overseas, as necessary.
- Proven project management experience.
- Experience in managing department costs and budgeting.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, with proficiency in written and oral English.
- Fluent in English and ideally speaks Russian and/or Macedonian.
If you are interested, we invite you to send your CV using the Fast Apply field.