Altaro part of Hornetsecurity Group is looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer to join the team.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer you are an important member of the IT Operations team. Our goal at Altaro part of Hornetsecurity Group is to deliver highly available, performant, scalable and self-healing applications using the best technology stacks and CI/CD pipelines.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer you need to continuously collaborate with product engineering teams to build and support various Backup as a Service (BaaS) applications for Managed Service Providers and medium to large organisations on our own on-premise infrastructure hosted in 11 global datacentres as well as on Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud providers.
You will need to possess a high degree of technical skill, have a collaborative approach to problem solving, you are passionate on what you do and thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment.
This position is a full-time post based in Skopje, North Macedonia.
cloud operations engineer
- You work with Engineering teams to build highly available, performant, scalable, secure and self-healing distributed infrastructure;
- You manage automation processes, from provisioning and inception through day-to-day operations;
- You research, evaluate and implement various tools and solutions to improve our BaaS platforms efficiency, performance and availability;
- You endorse a DevOps mentality in getting stuff done and continuously improve our internal tool sets;
- You act as a subject matter expert of the application and systems to be able to effectively solve problems across the entire stack – servers, application and network;
- You develop, configure and optimise service and application monitoring (Icinga, New Relic, InfluxDB, Grafana, PRTG);
- You maintain internal documentation;
- You participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- You have experience with on-premise and cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS;
- You strive to build and maintain highly available business-critical systems;
- You are able to quickly assess and solve complex technical problems in 24/7 environment, escalating as necessary and participate in blameless retro’s;
- You have a solid grasp of TCP/IP network stack, load balancers and security around on-premise or cloud-based environments;
- You can demonstrate practical experience with technologies such as CDNs, firewalls, load balancers, web servers, containers, messaging systems, orchestration tooling, log aggregation and database systems (MariaDB, Redis)
- You have a deep understanding of Linux and Windows OS and you are comfortable with scripting;
- You are comfortable with CI / CD pipelines and Infrastructure as Code;
- You have experience in application and infrastructure monitoring, reporting and alerting such as New Relic, ELK, Grafana and InfluxDB / Prometheus
- Experience with Kubernetes clusters would be considered an asset;
- Technical certifications in the above areas complimenting this role will be considered an asset;
- A BS / MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject would be considered an asset