We are seeking a highly talented Senior DevOps Engineer to help design and manage the infrastructure for the next generation of our products and services. We are looking for an individual that will bring rigorous software engineering principles and practices to building performant, secure, well-tested DevOps infrastructure.
Observability and Security
We have the foundational pieces of our continuously delivered infrastructure defined using Terraform and Kubernetes. Next, we have prioritized our work to add components to give us the observability we needed to detect and fix issues before end users are impacted. We work with protected health and payment information, so we hope to leverage this observability approach to reduce our audit and compliance effort.
The ideal candidate in this role has:
- An extensive background in designing, building, modifying and maintaining DevOps infrastructure for an ecosystem of web applications, service layers, and data lake/warehouse/mart/analytics components.
- A strategic, long-term view on product goals and how DevOps infrastructure can support them to release frequently with confidence.
- A collaborative disposition fueled by working together to achieve a common goal.
- A relentless focus on proactively identifying workflows that slow down the dev team and proposing solutions/automations that allow them to move faster.
about the platform engineering
As the Platform Engineering division it is our mission to bring technology innovation to the underserved and at-risk disabled population. We use technology to enable clients to more easily navigate the complex journey towards disability benefits, improving their life.
We understand that having the right environment is critical to doing your best work. At Platform Engineering we seek to continuously improve the developer experience by removing obstacles and providing excellent tools, hardware, documentation, and overall atmosphere. We make most decisions through discussion and feedback with teammates in similar roles.
We are a remote-first organization. You will work collaboratively with a geographically distributed team from the location of your choice. We prefer for work hours to overlap with either Eastern Standard Time or Central European Time zone as much as possible.
Compensation & Benefits
We believe that investing in our team members is critical to our success, and we offer competitive salary and benefits. We offer opportunities for continuing professional development, mentorship, and career growth. The blend of compensation and benefits can change from person to person to be best aligned with your needs and goals.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Platform Engineer and the DevOps guild to design solutions that meet both functional and non-functional DevOps requirements.
- Maintain a secure, auditable HIPAA-compliant system.
- Shorten the software development cycle by providing orchestration/automation strategies, tools and support.
- Manage and provision resources using an Infrastructure-as-Code methodology
- Implement and support CI/CD.
- Develop and support easy-to-use, local development environments.
- Enable continuous experimentation and releasing.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- 5+ years managing web application infrastructure on AWS
- An expert-level understanding of the AWS ecosystem as it pertains to web applications (e.g., Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, Lambda, ElastiCache, ELB, ECR, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Route53 etc.)
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Comfortable asking for help and a willingness to help others.
- A pragmatic view on technology. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can view technical decisions as having necessary tradeoffs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and are willing to compromise.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Docker and Docker Compose
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience writing infrastructure-related code using Terraform and Python
- Experience managing DevOps for React distributions
- A strong understanding of core networking concepts and communication protocols
- A strong understanding of logging and monitoring through Sumo Logic or similar
- A strong understanding of software engineering principles that are required to write quality code
Applicants should send their CV in English language via Fast Apply.